So I herd white peole are into appropriating scarification now
so i heard scarification is a way of SELF EXPRESSION and shouldn’t be misconstrued by people.
uhhh actually it’s a way for (at least in part of Africa where its practised) tribes to show which tribe they come from and its a ‘coming of age’ thing.
it’s not really the form of self expression you’re thinking about.
you’re placing white western’s definition of scarification on a practice that has nothing to do with the original practice of scarification.
looks like you’re the one misconstruing what scarification is about
I may be misconstruing it but I also have come to terms with other cultures mixing and muddling up appropriate rules and regulations.
I understand messing up age-old traditions is hurtful, especially if you are from the region. But that is no reason to fully attack another race for their ideals or the way they choose to change things around. If you do not agree with such ways of folks may it be white, latino, african american or what have you, I wouldn’t say turn a blind eye but just nod in their faces and reel in your own angst and hurt feelings in another way.
Racism and Spite isn’t the right way of showing what’s what.
Wait, what? You think people coming into other cultural spaces and stealing their culture is okay? You’ve come to terms with people DESTROYING other cultures?
Okay, imagine that a bunch of people came into your house and took all your shit. They took all the paintings down from your walls, your jewelry, your pottery, your books, your precious family heirlooms. They start wearing your jewelry and decorating their house with your stuff, even the family heirlooms.
Naturally, you’re pissed, so you ask for your stuff back. They say no, because your stuff is omg so inspiring and creative and original and it really looks nice in their house and on their body and refuse to recognize that they are thieves and are basically shitting on your entire family by playing dress-up with your family heirlooms.
That’s basically an approximation of what is happening here.
people need tounderstand that appropriation is basically like someone coming into your house, wearing your stuff and walking around town with it. when you ask them to stop, they refuse to becuase ‘you inspire them’.
it doesnt matter how much someone likes your stuff, it’s still rude to wear it. get your own stuff to wear.
- itsme-t likes this
- bimbobaggins likes this
- timeforlightss reblogged this from thisisnotafrica
- teacuptime likes this
- blueberrybastard reblogged this from thisisnotafrica
- lepetitenoirmarkie likes this
- thebelleofallbelles likes this
- sea-bass-chan reblogged this from godofallthefuckingsrepents
- godofallthefuckingsrepents reblogged this from plucky-pomegranate
- godofallthefuckingsrepents likes this
- plucky-pomegranate reblogged this from queen-nefertoottoot and added:
- plucky-pomegranate likes this
- tsunime reblogged this from queenyasminx and added:
- queenyasminx reblogged this from queen-nefertoottoot
- queenyasminx likes this
- sissensen likes this
- queen-nefertoottoot reblogged this from queenyasminx and added:
- queen-nefertoottoot likes this
- cathedralofdeadbolts reblogged this from thisisnotafrica
- hardfemme-kitten-cat likes this
- alexgators likes this
- dick-striker reblogged this from dranoparty
- skullxcrusher likes this
- youngsoybean likes this
- schysmata likes this
- toadiethebus likes this
- genius-chile likes this
- quaartz likes this
- essave likes this
- sockertopp likes this
- mrforde reblogged this from oshunshines
- oshunshines reblogged this from afrafemme and added:
- sapphiremulsion likes this
- fanniefierce likes this
- kakakakelly reblogged this from tarariot
- vanillajester likes this
- twiggycandy likes this
- zimir likes this
- cocoslucifera reblogged this from queervashti
- napoleon--bonaparte likes this
- magsamost likes this
- purpleone reblogged this from daughterofassata
- haiena likes this
- rancidheart likes this
- dreams-from-my-father likes this
- jefflion likes this
- ai-yo reblogged this from thisisnotafrica and added:
- clowder-l likes this
- julusmole reblogged this from pingdommm
- eatszoe likes this